Search
12/18/2017

                          

Boys & Girls Clubs of America

The Boys & Girls Clubs of America traces its roots back to three ladies, in 1860 who invited “street children” into their home to teach them social graces of the day.  The seed was planted and, in 1906, 53 Clubs from around the U.S. met and formed the Federated Boys Clubs.  The organization has grown into the Boys & Girls Clubs of America with 4,000 Clubs worldwide, serving over 4,000,000 children yearly.

 Today, the Boys & Girls Club is recognized as one of the premier youth development agencies in the world.  The Clubs serve children throughout the Country and are located on U.S. Military Bases around the world.

 

 

Boys & Girls Club of Rusk County

Way back in 1997, a few concerned citizens got together and created a place where students could do homework. The old Mizner Elementary School buildings were renovated and the Mizner Corporation was formed. The Mizner Corporation was renamed the Boys and Girls Club of Rusk County on December 1, 2000.  Today, the Club serves over 500 members per year with a professional staff dedicated to the future of these children.

 

 

 

© 2017 Boys & Girls Clubs of America (B&GCA). All rights reserved. See B&GCA Legal Notice and Site Owner Terms of Use. Powered by bgcweb.